I got work. But I don't feel like doing it.
I need a major account. Everyone keeps telling me I should charge more for my web design. But I live in Middle Georgia. Majority of the business owners around here doesn't believe in the power of website yet. But I know I have to keep thinking positive. THINKING POSITIVE :)
Sometimes I wonder what is the best city for a graphic artist to live in.
- The city's cost of living has to be affordable.... right
- Plenty of small business owners ... right
- Plenty of wifi cafe, and wifi restaurants ... right
and you know, I have a friend that lives in Athens, GA and I like the fact that they offer FREE wi-fi at her apartment complex... that will be nice...
and I also heard that the city of San Diego has free wifi all over.. is that true?
There's only one place I like to go and do some work here in Macon, Georgia... and that is JOSHUA CUP... Their first couple of years they offered FREE WiFi and ofcourse coffee and sweet snacks and stuff. I like their mocha.
Joshua Cup - is located downtown Macon, across the street from the Washington Library, and Across the street for Washington Park, which isn't that big but everyone seems to like the park. I see a lots of wedding and prom picture day there. Anyway, Joshua Cup is not what it use to be. I mean for the longest, I wished for them to offer hot and cold sandwiches... Because I would literally sit there for hours and they would only offer coffee and cakes.
But then my wish came true. They started offering hot and cold sandwiches. The sandwiches are great. I've tried their Ruben sandwiches... I was hooked on the damn sandwich, then my daughter and I started sharing the Italian sandwich. We were hooked on the sandwich.
But the problem is not the sandwiches, now, it is the people who comes there and eat and make so much nose and takes up all the spaces. I'm pretty sure the business owner is lovin' it but what about us freelance graphic artist. Who can't afford to have a store front or a nice apartment to bring clients in. What about us!!!!!
Joshua cup has become so noisy at times I can't hear my self think. I can't conduct business over the phone or have a conference call with skype because of all the background noise.
There goes my FREE office space. It was such a great place to meet clients and just have coffee alone with coffee cakes. But unfortunately, Macon doesn't offer one of freelance business owners such as my self, affordability to have an office space.
So now I'm embarking upon a new beginning, a transition to city which hasn't been categories as the perfect city for a graphic artist like me.
Oh and by the way, is anybody looking for a graphic artist anywhere? I'm willing to relocate.
No comments:
Post a Comment